Monday, June 13, 2005

Chronicles of my cross - The WTC Cross


WTC Cross
Originally uploaded by Zaphriel.
In late September, 2001, as we were recovering from the shock of everything that had happened over the previous weeks, I felt all the helplessness, the panic. Stories, more and more stories continued to poor out of ground zero. One that struck me as interesting, and that showed some hope in all of the confusion, was the WTC Cross. It could be said that it was just debris. And that is a distinct possibility, but the hope I felt in seeing it, helped me through the days, weeks, months, and years of deployments ahead. It was just a coincidence to some, but to me, it reminded me to Never Forget. Never forget my faith and never forget who I am and what I am here to do. During my deployments I would see photographs of the towers and reminders of the attacks, and I would feel the pain, and then I would remember the cross in the rubble, and I would start to feel hope once again.

Forgive, but Never Forget.